2012 was a year of growth and accomplishments for EarlyShares.
We made great progress with our platform in terms of technology, content and branding. Week after week, our team hopped on a plane to bring Crowdfunding education to big cities and remote communities across the country and, above it all, we established our brand as a leading and trusted Equity Based Crowdfunding platform. Overall 2012 was a great year for EarlyShares and we are happy to share our successes with you, our beloved EarlyShareholders.
Please enjoy a preview of our January 'Year in Review' Newsletter below:
- At the beginning of 2012, as part of our involvement in the creation of this industry, EarlyShares set up a landing page for people to petition the signing of the JOBS Act. Thousands signed to show their support.
- Later during the year, EarlyShares took on the mission of educating the nation about this revolutionary new way to fund startups and launched its Educational Roadshow visiting over 24 cities & sponsoring other industry events
- With the regulations being delayed, EarlyShares wanted to immediately bring some stimulation to small businesses, thus sponsoring 'The Small Business Challenge'. This competition awarded $50,000 in cash and prizes to the top three companies demonstrating the most promise for business growth, job creation, and economic stimulation. It was exhilarating to see thousands of innovators and entrepreneurs sign up and rally for support from every corner of the country.
- As a premium to our members, EarlyShares launched a University tab full of educational material, interactive videos with frequently asked questions, and Crowdfunding tips/best practices.
- As part of our efforts to be a full service Crowdfunding platform and grow our philanthropic arm, EarlyShares acquired Helpers Unite, a community donation based platform. The acquisition was the first in the industry.
- By the end of the year, EarlyShares launched another vertical - ENTERTAINMENT - to offer our members access to deals in Film, TV, Digital Media and Music. As part of our first partnerships we joined forces with West Hollywood studio/production company Five by Five Media, Inc.
- After all our efforts and industry recognition, WORTH Magazine named us one of the 'Top 10 Crowdfunding Site to Watch' and the 1st in Equity Based Crowdfunding. Placement was determined based on user-base and business promise.
- To amplify our user's security and protection EarlyShares partnered with veteran owned merchant bank and broker-dealer firm Point Capital Partners, LLC, for regulation D offerings, bringing Wall Street to the Main Street.
Nonetheless, there are more exciting news to come!
2013 is full of promise for the Crowdfunding Industry and as the leading Equity Based Crowdfunding Platform, we are looking forward to turning on the switch to our site once the SEC finalizes the long awaited regulations for Title II and Title III of the JOBS Act.
EarlyShareholders can look forward to even more exciting features on our site, the unveiling of our rewards program, fresh material on EarlyShares University and new unexpected verticals in addition to Entertainment.
In Washington D.C., the SEC is working hard to finalize the regulations for the JOBS Act and everywhere else Crowdfunding has become a hot topic of discussion, EarlyShares is confident and elated that positive change is on the horizon. We have already dipped our toes into the first weeks of 2013 and it promises to be a game changing year for small business owners, entrepreneurs, innovators, investors, and if you think of it, the overall economy of the United States, the EarlyShares team is working hard and we are ready!